Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Rock Climbing




Last weekend Mike and I had our date night. It was my turn to plan something and I had been itching to go rock climbing. Mike had never been and I thought he might like it since he loves climbing things. Once we got there we were both a little intimidated because the place was huge. The walls were 60 feet up. I went first on the easiest wall then Mike went. I didn't know how scared of heights he was until halfway up his climb he began shaking. He was a trooper for trying it but I don't think that will become our new favorite hobby anytime soon. I had fun climbing while Mike coached me from the ground. We ended the date with a little shopping, dinner and playing Rock Band in Best Buy. We had never played it before and I am not the biggest fan of it. My self esteem was really hurt. I got booed every time after only a minute into my song. It was a fun date and I can't wait to see what he has in store for us this weekend.

1 comment:

Sheena said...

Okay- so the rock climbing thing takes me right back to high school when we went for a homecoming date. I was wearing shorts and you the one holding my rope. Then I fell off of the wall and you wouldn't let me down despite the shorts that were completely wedged up my bum. Embarrasing..... Looks like fun though!