Monday, July 18, 2011

I'm Back!!


(another funny story I didn't blog: Nursing Ben inside while she painted herself blue)

Okay, I have been feeling guilty for not blogging. All of these fun and cute things halle says or does and just fun moments in our lives are happening and I am forgetting to write them down and now i'm not remembering and it makes me sad. So from now on I vow to write them down and keep them journaled. So instead of beating myself up about it here's two cute moments from yesterday.

Halle has really struggled with sleeping. When I tell her it's time to get ready for bed she says, "No, I don't like that game". Lately she will sleep in her bed till about 1am and then come crawl in our bed. We fought it for a while but then we caved. Lately, though we can't sleep with her wiggly butt so now we are carrying her back to her bed or she can sleep on our floor. Yesterday we were too tired to deal with her 1 o'clock shenanigans so she slept with us. In the morning I told her that she really needs to sleep in her bed. She looks at me all sad and then a light bulb goes off in her head and very excitedly says, "I have an idea. You and daddy can sleep on the floor and I can sleep in your bed." She then gets a big grin and laughs. Uh I don't think so little girl!!
Update: Mike said she came into our room around 5am tapping him on the shoulder asking him if she could move our fan so she could sleep on our floor. While he moved it she went to get her pillow and blanket and curled up to camp out in our room. So cute. I asked her in the morning if she slept good and no she didn't. She said it was too hard. Let's see how tonight goes. So far not so good. I just heard a a thud and whimpering and ran into to check on her and she was face first in the carpet not moving. She had fallen out and what sounded like hit her head on the table. I picked her up and put her back in bed without her fully waking up. I hope there's no goose egg in the morning. 

Last night she woke up around 11:30 and ran out to tell Daddy that she got a brand new kite and was flying it at the beach. At first he had no clue where that came from but he could tell she was still kind of asleep. What an innocent little dream. Love it!

Okay, so I promise you will be hearing more stories from the Ells fam. I have posted three other posts below that were bigger and funnier moments that I didn't want to forget.

1 comment:

Hayes said...

OMG - I am looking at your blog, and you look just like your mom!!!
You are only an hour and a 1/2 - I need to get up to see you all. I don't know if you remember (you were so small) - I babysat for you and Rand when your mom was pregnant with Blair Anne. Guess I need to find out from Nina and Blair Hayes the next time they come to visit - and we can take you out on the town!!!

Your babies are beautiful -

Love to you and Mike,
Sherrol